“I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap.” – Ani DiFranco
What is Council?
Council is an ancient form and a modern practice that invokes the experience of community, where we listen to everything – people, place, and spirit. The roots of Council are within the natural world, spanning all cultures and beliefs.
The core practice of Council sets a container for empathy and honesty. It provides a way of bearing witness and of peace making and helps cultivate non-hierarchical power. When in Council we step into a timeless space and spirit moves through us. We experience the deep connection to all life.
We will explore
- History and cross-cultural roots
- Creating special time and place
- Practicing the Four Intentions of Council
- Sharing our personal stories along side those of the community to deepen the art of listening and speaking from the heart
- Various forms of Council – spiral, fish bowl, dyad and more
- Developing the basic ingredients for leading/carrying Council in your own community and field of work
We will learn
- Council as a personal practice and a group/community process
- A way and path to reconciliation, visioning, decision-making and healing
- To shift from hierarchical power structures to a mode in which initiative, responsibility and leadership are shared
- To a reach consensus through heart centred awareness
- How Council serves our community, ourselves and the world
Start: Friday at 6.30PM, Finish Sunday 5PM, Cost: £185:00 (non-residential)
For more information : www.ancienthealingways.co.uk
For details about booking a place:
Contact: Pippa Bondy
Tel: 01766 780557 / 07814959613 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org