Where and what is my role in community?
Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community. Anthony J. D’Angelo
What is Council?
Council is an ancient form and a modern practice that invokes the experience of community, where we listen to everything – people, place, and spirit. The roots of Council are within the natural world, spanning all cultures and beliefs.
The core practice of Council sets a container for empathy and honesty. It provides a way of bearing witness and of peace making and helps cultivate non-hierarchical power. When in Council we step into a timeless space and spirit moves through us. We experience the deep connection to all life.
We will explore
- History and cross-cultural roots
- Creating special time and place
- Practicing the Intentions of Council
- Sharing our personal stories along side those of the community to deepen the art of listening and speaking from the heart
- Various forms of Council – spiral, fish bowl, dyad and moreDeveloping the basic ingredients of holding
- Council in your own community and field of work
We will learn
- Council as a personal practice and a group/community process
- A way and path to reconciliation, visioning, decision-making and healing
- To shift from hierarchical power structures to a mode in which initiative, responsibility and leadership are shared
- To a reach consensus through heart centred awareness
- How Council serves our community, ourselves and the world
Cost: 1800 DKK deposit, 800 DKK (non-refundable)
Start: Fri 6.30pm, finish Sun 5pm
Details for booking a place contact: Malene Rose firstname.lastname@example.org